The Marriage Course by Alpha
Classes & Life Groups
When: Wednesday, September 14 - October 26, 6:30-8pm
Where: Tipp City Campus 202-204
Cost: $20 / Couple (Includes class workbooks, coffee and desserts)
Register Here - space is limited
*Childcare is available
What is The Marriage Course?
A seven-session course set in a fantastic atmosphere. You will be served coffee and dessert at a romantic table for two while listening to practical talks that are informative and fun.
There is NEVER any group work, and you will never be asked to share anything about your relationship with anyone other than your partner.
Why do the course?
Regular check-ups help a car run smoothly and reduce the risk of breakdown.
The best sports professionals spend hours being coached and perfecting their technique.
The greatest achievements in life take practice, training and dedication.
It is the same with marriage. A strong, loving and lifelong relationship doesn’t happen by chance. It takes effort and dedication to keep the fun and romance alive. We can all learn how to make even the happiest marriage better.
Over seven sessions of the course you will discover practical tools to help you:
- Understand each other’s needs
- Communicate more effectively
- Grow closer through resolving conflict
- Heal the ways you’ve hurt each other
- Recognize how your upbringing affects your relationship
- Improve relationships with parents and in-laws
- Develop greater sexual intimacy
- Discover each other’s love languages and much, much more!
Who is it for?
Are you married or in a long-term cohabiting relationship?
Have you been together for over a year?
Would you like your relationship to be the best it can be?
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions then this course is for you!
The Marriage Course is for any couple, whether you have been together for one year or 61 years and whether you feel you have a strong relationship or are strugglingI
If you have a strong marriage this course will help you make it even better and will reinforce your good habits.
If on the other hand your marriage is in difficulty, the course will help provide you with very practical tools to help you work through the issues. Some couples who are separated have used the course as a way of trying to get back together.
Whatever your situation, the practical tools you learn will help improve and strengthen your relationship.
While The Marriage Course is based on Christian principles, it is designed for couples with or without a Christian faith. Many couples who are not churchgoers have commented that the Christian content was presented in a way that did not make them uncomfortable at all.
What can I expect?
The course takes place over seven evenings. Each session includes:
- Fantastic atmosphere that many say feels like a date night.
- Dessert and coffee at a romantic table for two giving you space to relax, eat and chat.
- Practical talks that are informative and fun. They include filmed clips of couples sharing their own experiences and street interviews from around the world.
- Private discussion time as a couple. You will be given topics to discuss (sometimes with the help of an exercise). Music is played so you can’t hear couples on other tables and they can’t hear you!
- No group work, so relax - you will not have to share anything about your relationship with anyone else.
- Homework - at the end of each session you are given some homework to do together. This will help you to build on what you have learnt and give you the opportunity to apply it to your relationship. Don't worry - it won't be graded! It isn't looked at by anyone else and is just for your own benefit.